Sunday, November 4, 2012

I'm starting this blog to try to keep everyone updated when I'm over in New York helping the Red Cross with Hurricane Sandy.  I will warn everyone that I'm not sure if i will have enough time or be able to update this but i will try my absolute best.. Also sorry I'm not the best at grammar or spelling so bare.. lol

I will be flying out Monday to White Plains, NY, which is just outside of New York City.  I'm not sure yet what i will be doing over there yet but they have me list as a general helper so whatever they need help with i guess. 

Lil history. I started out with the Red Cross helping with the local blood drives and got asked to be on the Board. Being on the Board has been a great experience and I also choose to be on the Disaster Committee.  I just finished my disaster training a couple months ago and i had to choose between being a  local, regional, or national responder.  I choose to be a national responder because I could help more people in terrible situations. 

This last week i was called to deploy to Hurricane Sandy. This will be my first deployment to a disaster and seeing all the coverage on the news I felt that i needed to go. I have no idea of what to expect but I'm excited to find out.  I will be staying at a shelter and sleeping on a cot which will be experience in itself and I'm sure that i will hurt myself falling off the dang thing.  I was told that this experience will either be a life charging experience and i would love it or i would not like it at all.  I have a feeling that this will be a life changing moment in my life and I can't wait. 

I'm very nervous and excited about this adventure in my life.  I also want to take time to thank everyone for all the tremendous support. 

Christy~

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! :D
    I can't wait to read the updates and hear about your amazing experience! Yay!

    ReplyDelete