Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 1: Travel Day

It was a early morning without much sleep. I woke up in a panic thinking I missed my plane. My first stop was at the red cross in Sioux falls. Where I was helped by a wonderful lady named Sam. She helped ease my mind with helpful tips and her personal experiences. She was excited for me which helped realive my stress. This is starting to be a crazy experience and my heart is going a mile a minute and loving every minute. The airport was uneventful except the plane ride where I sat accross two gentlemen trying to figure out why women are the way they are... MAN did they have it wrong. Haha

When I arrived at the airport in White Plains I rented a car and drove to the main office downtown with a wonderful lady. This was also her first trip so you can imagine both of our nerves. I currently have no assignment but I'm going to stay in New York City. Three ladies and I car pooled into the city.. They let me navigate and I somehow got us here on the frist try. Im but a hop, skip, and jump from the Empire State Building. Now just headed out on the town with some other Red Cross volunteers. Also, did some site seeing by the hotel on our way to supper. First stop was Grand Central Station. It was absolutely beautiful then off to the Empire State Building. (Pictures on facebook). Supper was 2 slices of New York piazza.. Its been an amazing first day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you arrived safe and sound! I'm so excited for you and this great experience! You will have a blast, make great memories, and hopefully meet some life long friends. Have a blast at your night on the town in the city that never sleeps! I had an amazing time there, but would definitely never live there haha :) Keep me posted dear!

    ReplyDelete